User outputs leading with ignition off?

General Topics for configuring, operating and tuning the Megajolt. Also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_Operation_Guide">Operation Guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Alex B

User outputs leading with ignition off?

Post by Alex B »

I tried using Output 1 for switching a relay at a determined Aux Input value. This works but once ignition is switched off the output starts to be leading, thus activating the relay. When I checked Output 2-4 these showed the same problem. Is this normal?

Alex

Taunus 12M

Post by Taunus 12M »

I had the problem that the megajolt was powering up trough the relay.
So switching off the engine didn't work! The solution was to powering the relay with a switched power coming from the ignition key. then the megajolt also power's off :wink:
Oldie's:

- Ford Taunus 12M P4 1964
- Ford Taunus Transit FK1250 1962

Alex B

Post by Alex B »

That was not the problem. The MJ powers down when I turn off the engine, but the moment the power is off the User Outputs begin to lead. The relay is used to power the cooling fan and you don't want that running with the engine off (not too long at least). It will stop eventually, but then the battery is flat. I solved it by moving the plus pole to a fuse that isn't powered when the engine is off.

Alex

Taunus 12M

Post by Taunus 12M »

hmm strange, 2 different problems with the same connections made to the megajolt...
Maybe different relays are causing the different problems? Like the one has more resistance then the other?

Maybe a simple pull-up transistor can do the trick of separating the relay and the megajolt :wink:
Oldie's:

- Ford Taunus 12M P4 1964
- Ford Taunus Transit FK1250 1962