TESTING Megajolt

EDIS and Megajolt installation related topics. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_vehicle_installation_guide">Vehicle installation guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

cng1

Post by cng1 »

If you are seeing erratic RPM then my bet is that your trigger wheel is not properly centered. Looking at your pictures it looks like your wheel is not mounted using a centralising hole so you will have a much harder time centering it. Measure your runout, my bet is that you have rather more than the 0.25mm that I would recommend.

I'm not terribly convinced by the sensor mount in your picture. It is hard to see what is going on in the photos but the use of a cable tie does not inspire me with confidence. For a sensor mount I always recommend 3mm steel or 6mm alloy in order to eliminate vibration which can confuse the sensor.

In terms of the crank sensor shielding the shield should be connected to ground at the EDIS module end only, it should not be connected to anything at the sensor end.
Official Megajolt distributor for UK and Europe.
Complete Megajolt packages, EDIS kits, Trigger wheels and everything else you need for your megajolt install
www.trigger-wheels.com

damunk

Post by damunk »

Alex:

I tested it like you said without megajolt and each spark plug is firing :D
They seemed feint the sparks but I'm doing it on a sunny day.

What do I do now please :D

EDIT: Connected megajolt and it all seems to be working now. I just re- earthed the vr sensor cable. I am sure it was but I made a stronger connection.

Rpm move up and down and spark plug fire evenly and all the time.

I need to do a video of the megajolt software and put it on here to show the rpm.

Also the trigger wheel is aligned perfect centre and the gap between the wheel and trigger is just approx 1mm.

damunk

Post by damunk »

The rpm move okay up to 2500 rpm in my drive test then get all funny after that. The everything started getting erratic again.

This is video of the trigger wheel moving.
Also picture of the gap. It's abut 1mm-1.5mm

I have a feeling it might be too far. Not sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTF6FAR ... e=youtu.be[/url]
Attachments
Zi6_1429.JPG
Zi6_1429.JPG (25.05 KiB) Viewed 7472 times

cng1

Post by cng1 »

A smaller gap would be better, 0.75mm with a maximum runout of 0.25mm is a good target.
Official Megajolt distributor for UK and Europe.
Complete Megajolt packages, EDIS kits, Trigger wheels and everything else you need for your megajolt install
www.trigger-wheels.com

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

You will also want to look at the strength / rigidity of the bracket. If the bracket is not rigid, it will vibrate at certain RPMs and cause the EDIS module to lose synchronization with the trigger wheel.

Let us know what you find out!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

damunk

Post by damunk »

Well I bought another vr sensor connector. Re-wired it as the previous connector turned out to be loose and this time I inserted the nylon square insert into the connector so it would not wobble.

I also at the same time made the VR sensor as close as possible to the trigger wheel .

RPM's did not lose sync in the 1 hour trial run.

I leathered it 6000-7000 rpm and it was smooth all the way through. I went over pot holes and bumps at 40-50mph and it did not lose sync.

Does megajolt keep a history of the rpm so you can view it after a run and see it on a 'line-graph'?

Alex B

Post by Alex B »

Good to read you have your problems sorted out. It also shows the invaluable rule: get your basics right!

In Charting/Runtime View rpm is one of the variables that can be shown. You can record sessions.

Alex

damunk

Post by damunk »

I love it. Softwares good. I can do runs then view afterwards. Thanks guys.