Finally gave up on my own datalogging project.

Post here to say hello! Tell us what you drive, what race series you participate in and how you want to use Race Capture to help you go faster. Pics extra welcome!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg

turbo329is

Finally gave up on my own datalogging project.

Post by turbo329is »

I'm Robert a mechanical engineering student at Milwaukee School of Engineering. About a year ago I sold my racepak Iq3 and bought everything I thought would be required to build a system using the beaglebone black. A few months later someone on the spece30 forum made a post about the race capture which was the first time I heard of it. I didn't have much time to work on it until recently. The BBB may have the hardware capability to do what I wanted but out of the box all it can do is turn leds on and off or surf the internet. After about three solid days of just trying to successfully install "serialport" to read gps data I have given up and ordered the racecapture pro because I didn't want to do another race with nothing but a shift light. It appears to have a lot more features than I would have even hoped to make anyway.
Robert Schmitt
NASA MW SpecE30 #39
www.schmitt32.com

rdoherty

Post by rdoherty »

Hi Robert! Welcome to the community! Let us know how you get RaceCapture setup and what you end up connecting it to.
Ryan Doherty
Autosports Labs