Getting 10v on my vref to my TPS, please help

General Megajolt Questions and Answers

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Smiithy

Getting 10v on my vref to my TPS, please help

Post by Smiithy »

Hi all,

Quick rundown, i have a vw corrado 2.0 16v that i have converted to run YZF1000 (38mm vent) carbs on and megajolt. I have installed all the megajolt and all seems to be working, i am getting spark etc.

I had a TPS issue where my tps sensor was faulty, while trying to figure the fault (wouldnt calibrate) i was checking the vref and signal wire and was getting 5.00V exactly.

That night after finding it to be a faulty sensor i ordered a new one and left the car (ign off)

2 days later when the sensor arrived i tested the sensor, all ok, and just for matter of checking checked the vref, im now seeing the vref as a 10v signal (on either sensor, or with sensor disconected, so cant be sensor related) which is giving me a range of 1.0 - 7.3v on my TPS sweep, which past say 75% throttle the megajolt cant see the rising signal (5.00 - 7.3) so i wont get a true map.

Spent all night last night looking for awnsers and alot of today so im left with no choice but to ask if anybody can help why this is happening.

I do have a standard vw temp sensor wired in ( not using it yet as i cant figure out how to add a seccond AUX input but thought id tell you there is one wired in)

Smiithy

Post by Smiithy »

Anybody?

Can anybody even point me to which resitior on the board it could be thats popped?

Smiithy

Post by Smiithy »

If it helps diagnose, its a megajolt E and i can see flash maps, calibrate the TPS (even with the 10v supply) range between 1-7.3 .... will comunicate real time to my laptop etc....

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

If we may clarify - where are you reading 10v on your TPS sensor? Are you reading that from the voltage reference coming out of the Megajolt unit?
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter