Thunderhill 5 mile start/finish

Setup and configuration for Race Capture Pro real-time telemetry features

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg

redparchel

Thunderhill 5 mile start/finish

Post by redparchel »

This past weekend I did an HPDE at thunderhill using the 5 mile configuration. I used the android app to stream my telemetry back to race-capture.com and it worked well (a few freeze ups for the users watching live, but really i can't speak as to which end that was on) but now when I go back and look at the event and graphs seem to be using the Start position from the East side but the Finish location on the West side (so there's no data between, turns: 1w, 10c, 10-15e).

Not sure if this is something I set up wrong or if something's funky on the site (or my RCP or my RCP app)

I'm running the latest v2 firmware, used auto track detect, and made sure only the thunderhill configuration i wanted was loaded. I'm running the latest RCP_app from the andriod play store. And to configure the RCP I used the RCP v2 app pulled from github about 2 weeks ago (master seemed to break a few other things so i didnt use it)

the event/device can be found here: http://race-capture.com/events/bmwcca-g ... evice/mini

sidenote: I didnt realize i had forgotten my SD Card this weekend until it was too late so I don't have local logs to compare to whats on the web

thanks for any thoughts!

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

I believe in the new app the downloaded start/finish line has it in the correct (official) location. We will have to check if the start finish line in the current android app (hard coded) is in the same spot. We'll also be releasing a slight update to the current android app this week to improve bluetooth re-connection reliability.

Note, we're working on making the entire V2 app unified across the android and Win/Linux/OS X platform; we're working on that as our current project, including MK1 support. Watch for updates!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter