fuel injection

General Megajolt Questions and Answers

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

zogmon

fuel injection

Post by zogmon »

I'm wanting to install a mega jolt on on a 94 vw golf with using the existing fuel injection system. I would like to find some info on how it is done

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Zogmon,

Typically the ECU needs to be fooled into thinking the original ignition system is present and will not cause a fault. The Megajolt (or EDIS module) can feed a tach signal to the stock ECU - in some case the stock ECU is satisfied seeing that RPM pulse fed by an external system.

Our best bet would be to consult with experts on the VW ECU and see what they have to say. Keep us posted!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

zogmon

fuel injection

Post by zogmon »

would it be possible to use the tach signal to operate a transistor to ground out the fuel injectors thereby completing the circuit . or could i use tips sensor also

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Sorry, don't know if that would work. You are still using the factory injection system and *just* wanting to replace the ignition, correct?
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

zogmon

fuel injection

Post by zogmon »

Are any of the output pins a variable output current and if so what kind of current will they produce

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

We don't output any kind of variable current on the system, sorry. We have the output that controls ignition advance, and on/off outputs for the user defined channels; that is all.
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter