Bluetooth + v2 Android app dashboard update rate?

Discussion on the RaceCapture App - Windows, Android, OSX and Linux.

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

dotframe

Bluetooth + v2 Android app dashboard update rate?

Post by dotframe »

I'm planning to use a Nexus 7 tablet in the place of my gauge cluster and while it is working well, I noticed the Tach seems to have a pretty slow update rate even if I crank up the sample rate for RPM in the RCP.

Just trying to figure out if this limitation is with the android app or bluetooth.

Does anyone else use the dashboard on the v2 app and see similar tachometer performance?

Using MK1 with v2.7.8 software.

jottofar

Post by jottofar »

it should read something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjLGKpBLS_o

dotframe

Post by dotframe »

Hmm that does seem much faster than mine but that is also the v1 app, right? I guess it could also be the tablet being slow but it seems like it is just updating on a consistent but slower frequency. I may try to get a video of it this week and post it.

jottofar

Post by jottofar »

You know I am not sure... It looks like the one I downloaded from the app store which I assume is v2 could you post a screen shot of yours ?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

The initial V2 firmware release had the update rate limited to 10Hz over bluetooth, but will be changed back to 50 with the v2.7.9 firmware that will be likely available this week. update rate will as it is in the video.

Thanks,
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

dotframe

Post by dotframe »

Thanks Brent! That is exactly what I was hoping to hear:)

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Obviously we're slipping on that 2.7.9 release but it's coming Real Soon Now with a lot of improvements. Just one more thing to fix before we release it. :)

-Brent
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter