NEW User .... 1.2.5 or 1.3.2 ??????

Discussion on the RaceCapture App - Windows, Android, OSX and Linux.

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

G111ORH

NEW User .... 1.2.5 or 1.3.2 ??????

Post by G111ORH »

Hi there... .a new user with a MK1 pro running firmware 2.7.9.

I have most things working however ... do not know how i access the logged data that I want to use to overlay video on dashware or racerender

I have also seen there is a verison of the app 1.3.2 .,.. when I try this it says i need formware 2.8.0 or higher which I cant find.....

am i being very stupid or is there some thing wrong...

i also have Bluetooth telemetry working .... android phone app running and seeing data live from the rcp... however the phone cannot connect to race-capture.com. .... giving error .... could not connect .. please verify device ID

have re-entered the device name a couple of times on the rcp and on race-caprture .com..... please help.....

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

See the top level wiki for all RaceCapture related information. Here you'll find the downloads section as well as information on setting up telemetry:

http://autosportlabs.net/RaceCapturePro

Direct links (from the page above)
Software: https://race-capture.com/software

How to set up telemetry, including Bluetooth telemetry
http://autosportlabs.net/RaceCapturePro ... Quickstart

Make sure your device name is in all capital letters. When the data starts streaming, you will see a bright green cloud icon in the top bar of the app, and you will see your event listed here, in your own account: https://race-capture.com/home

Hope this helps, let us know if we can help further.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

G111ORH

Post by G111ORH »

wow..... found the software on the race-capture.com website and now running 1.3.2 and 2.8.2 (i think)
Also was using my username rather than device id for telemetry .........

all now sorted and very impressed.......

thanks for fast reply........

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Great! glad you got it working. Keep us posted on how it's running!
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

G111ORH

Post by G111ORH »

Trying to set rcp so that begins logging and will always log when the engine is running.......

i notice that in the scripting descriptions it talks about gpio 0 - 7 whereas elsewhere it talks about channels 1 - 8 .....

should i be calling gpio 7 or 8 when i writing a script to check battery voltage??

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

We have lots of examples of small scripts that will automatically start logging under different conditions. You can copy and paste these into the scripting window. Make sure you write the configuration back to the unit after copying the script.

http://autosportlabs.net/RaceCapturePro ... ng_control
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

G111ORH

Post by G111ORH »

Hi Brent, thanks for fast replies.....

I have found the example scripts .... My query was about the numbering of the gpio.... For example the lua example script refers to gpio 7 ad the battery voltage but battery voltage is mapped to channel 8 on the rc app. Which is correct for scripting ?

Also what are the different columns of data recorded in the log files...... Is there a listing of data and formats ?

Pat

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Pat,

in the scripting the channels start with 0. so 0 = the first channel, 1 = the second, etc.

The CSV file column names match the channel names defined in the configuration- for example, the analog channels you define: EngineTemp, OilPress, etc. I would just create a file and look at it - it's pretty self-explanatory.
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

G111ORH

New User contd... noisy rpm_ no distance

Post by G111ORH »

Hi Brent,

I installed the rcpmk1 this weekend and after mucho fluting about got an rpm signal on the dash display on pc by fitting the coilx unit.... i tried initially the signal from the igniter (car is a celica st185 or alltrak in USA) tarmac rally car.... the signal from the igniter runs the stack dash revcounter perfectly......

anyway i headed off to my first to be logged event with most parameters set to record on 1 hz interval .... after forgetting to turn the logging on for the first couple of special stages I finally remembered adn eagerly downloaded my data last night....

only two problems......

rpm signal appears to be fine until about 4,500 rpm then after that every so often i am getting a nonsense rpm of between 25,000 and 100,000 rpm..... the erroneous results only appear to be above 4500 rpm and might appear every 10th reading or so......

other problem is there is no distance recorded.....

can you help Brent ?

Thanks

Pat

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Pat,

Can you share your configuration file here so we can take a look at it? One thing is we'll look to see if the Distance channel is enabled in GPS. Distance starts incrementing as soon as the start/finish line is crossed for the first time, when it begins timing a lap.

For RPM, the firmware has smoothing built in that can help mitigate periodic spikes resulting from excessive noise in the signal. We need to add that knob in the user interface to allow you to adjust how 'heavy' that smoothing is.
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

G111ORH

Post by G111ORH »

Will share the file tomorrow......

There aren't lap markers as I am logging on different rally stages during the day...

G111ORH

Post by G111ORH »

Apart from my teething issues I am well impressed with my rcp....

Is there a safe way of tapping into the existing gauge signals for temps and pressures for a mix of spa design, stack and vdo gauges ?

G111ORH

Post by G111ORH »

Is there a safe way of tapping into the existing gauge signals for temps and pressures for a mix of spa design, stack and vdo gauges ?

also find attached config file that i am using where occasional rpm errors and no distance record

well i was adding the rcp file but it doesnt allow ????

G111ORH

Post by G111ORH »

I cannot seem to add the rcp configuraiton file to allow brent to view it ?

G111ORH

Post by G111ORH »

I cannot seem to add the rcp configuraiton file to allow brent to view it ?