RCP Mk1 advice

Discussion on the RaceCapture App - Windows, Android, OSX and Linux.

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

drKorf

RCP Mk1 advice

Post by drKorf »

Which version of the firmware and software is recommended for Mk1 RCP? I sent my unit back to Autosport Labs and it was updated to the latest firmware I believe. I connected with the latest software and it appears to recognize the unit (I don't get a message that it isn't found and there are blue and green icons in the upper right). I can't tell if the RCP is actually recording GPS or acceleration from the software interface. I also don't seem to be able to configure anything including the Real Time unit. Should I be using older software and firmware? The 'Analysis' part doesn't seem to do anything in this version.

GTIspirit

Re: RCP Mk1 advice

Post by GTIspirit »

drKorf wrote: The 'Analysis' part doesn't seem to do anything in this version.
Yeah, I noticed that, and that alone might cause me to revert back to the RaceAnalyzer software since I'm not running "telemetry" and don't care about "cloud" analysis. So I'm hoping the RaceCapture app supports the "offline" analysis soon!

drKorf

Post by drKorf »

I finally got everything configured properly. I was able to 'see' my car in the driveway from the website. I'm using the Mk1 with the latest V2 firmware and software. Can't wait to try it at Willow Springs next week in the Lucky Dog race.

rdoherty

Post by rdoherty »

Hi folks, we recommend using the latest firmware and app to configure your RCP (Mk1 or Mk2). You can still use Raceanalyzer to review your log data until we have analysis in the new app.
Ryan Doherty
Autosports Labs

G111ORH

Post by G111ORH »

where can I get a copy of raceanalyzer?

rdoherty

Post by rdoherty »

You can download RaceAnalyzer here: http://www.autosportlabs.net/RaceCaptur ... ceAnalyzer
Ryan Doherty
Autosports Labs

G111ORH

Post by G111ORH »

looks like raceanayzer is not compatible with a mk1 racecapture running v2 firmware....