Driving Speedometer from RCP using GPS Speed

General Q&A specific to RaceCapture/Pro. For app related questions post in the RaceCapture App forum. also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/RaceCapture">RaceCapture Information Page</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Alex W

Driving Speedometer from RCP using GPS Speed

Post by Alex W »

I am trying to figure out how to setup my Race Capture Pro (MKI) to drive the speedometer in my MR2 using the GPS speed data. I thought this would be easy, but I am not seeing any obvious way to set it up / scale it properly in the software. I looked into the scripting options briefly, and it seems that "setPwmClockFreq" might be the way to go, but it says that the frequency range is limited to 320hz-40,000hz. The speedo is expecting ~4000pulses per mile, so at 60mph, that's only about 68hz. And of course, I want it to work down to nearly zero mph.

Is what I want to do possible? If not, is it something that could maybe be included in a future update? It seems like I can't be the only person who would use this.

Alex W

Post by Alex W »

No response?

Is this possible or not?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Sorry for the late reply.

I don't think this is feasible with the PWM outputs. A custom circuit could work, maybe CAN bus controlled. A neat project on it's own!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter