OBDII PID support for these channels?

Race Capture Pro hardware installation- power, wiring, physical installation, etc. See the dedicated forum for Sensor related topics

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

mdavis7771

OBDII PID support for these channels?

Post by mdavis7771 »

I am looking to purchase a RCP for my 2011 C6 track car. I want to track the following channels which all have OBD PIDs but after looking through github I couldn't see if these PIDs are supported out of the box. I know the Custom PID support is coming and not yet released.

Engine RPM
Accel Pedal Position
Throttle Position
Engine Oil Temperature
Trans Oil Temperature
Coolant Temperature
Intake Air Temp
Manifold Pressure
LF Wheel RPM
RF Wheel RPM
LR Wheel RPM
RR Wheel RPM
Selected Gear
Engine Torque
Yaw (x-axis)
Brake Pressure %

Thanks!

stieg

Post by stieg »

With an RCP hooked up to the ECU CAN bus you can read _any_ pid using the LUA script functionality. Combine that with virtual channels and you should be able to get all of that data if you already know the PIDs you want to read. Check out https://www.autosportlabs.net/RaceCaptu ... _Scripting for info on how to use LUA scripting in Race Capture. Hope that helps.
Andrew Stiegmann (Stieg)
Principal Engineer
Autosport Labs Inc.

mdavis7771

Post by mdavis7771 »

Ah, got it. Makes sense. I am software developer so that shouldn't be a problem. Thanks!
stieg wrote:With an RCP hooked up to the ECU CAN bus you can read _any_ pid using the LUA script functionality. Combine that with virtual channels and you should be able to get all of that data if you already know the PIDs you want to read. Check out https://www.autosportlabs.net/RaceCaptu ... _Scripting for info on how to use LUA scripting in Race Capture. Hope that helps.

JMcDonough

Post by JMcDonough »

Something to keep in mind is that with PIDs, you are going to run into tradeoffs between number of parameters and update rate. That's where logging that information via CAN would be better, if all of those signals are sent over the bus and you can figure out the message IDs.
Josh