Newbie Install questions - Cloud configuration

General Q&A specific to RaceCapture/Pro. For app related questions post in the RaceCapture App forum. also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/RaceCapture">RaceCapture Information Page</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

KW78

Newbie Install questions - Cloud configuration

Post by KW78 »

Hey All,

First post here, thanks in advance for any help.

We have a new RCP2 and are installing in the car for a test day tomorrow...

RCP has been configed via laptop... Cell telemerty is turned off (no sim card yet), blue tooth connected to nexus 7 tablet. Tablet dash configured, connected, and cloud upload working from the app.

1st question, when I log on and watch on race-capture account live, how do you configure the cloud info into gauges, etc? We would like to watch a few gauges like OP instead of have a map of where we are sitting, for example.

Also, we see activity at the left of the graphs, but no traces. Is because we are not actually moving? Is the bottom axis only distance? or can it be configured to be time?

Thanks,
Kyle
Sector Purple Racing

stieg

Post by stieg »

1st question, when I log on and watch on race-capture account live, how do you configure the cloud info into gauges, etc? We would like to watch a few gauges like OP instead of have a map of where we are sitting, for example.
When you configure the channels on the RCP unit, there are several choices for the Channel Name. By default the value is "Unknown" but if you change it to something that the measurement reflects (like "Coolant") then when you stream your data to RCL it will render a gauge for that channel. I attached a screen shot where you can set the Channel names.
Also, we see activity at the left of the graphs, but no traces. Is because we are not actually moving? Is the bottom axis only distance? or can it be configured to be time?
It is because you are not moving. The bottom (or X axis) is only distance at this time.
Attachments
Screenshot from 2016-01-19 11-16-06.png
Screenshot from 2016-01-19 11-16-06.png (96.63 KiB) Viewed 3907 times
Last edited by stieg on Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stiegmann (Stieg)
Principal Engineer
Autosport Labs Inc.

KW78

Post by KW78 »

Thanks Stieg!

I will more thoroughly install and setup correctly for this next test. It is that time thing!

Thanks,
Kyle
SPR
Kyle
Sector Purple Racing

KW78

Post by KW78 »

I have another cloud question,

For our next enduro event, I would like to have a pit lane computer watching the race capture, a spotter across the course watching on a tablet or phone (mostly for location perhaps) and then someone off site following along.

Can they all log into the SPR race capture event simultaneously on the same password, or does each device need to create an account to view the race?

Thx,
Kyle
SPR
Kyle
Sector Purple Racing

stieg

Post by stieg »

I will more thoroughly install and setup correctly for this next test. It is that time thing!
The problem with time is that there is never enough of it. :D
For our next enduro event, I would like to have a pit lane computer watching the race capture, a spotter across the course watching on a tablet or phone (mostly for location perhaps) and then someone off site following along.

Can they all log into the SPR race capture event simultaneously on the same password, or does each device need to create an account to view the race?
When you start broad casting telemetry data to Race Capture Live, there will be a URL at the top of your RCL user page. That URL is the location of your dashboard, and is public (anyone with that URL can view it). So all you need to do is share that URL with the people you want to have monitor the car and they should be able to see it. Here is an example of one of my track day dashboards:

https://www.race-capture.com/events/24- ... -sheen-181

Don't forget to create an event and add your unit to the event before it starts. This way if you have friends there you can also see what they are doing on track at the same time.

HTH
Andrew Stiegmann (Stieg)
Principal Engineer
Autosport Labs Inc.