black board question

Megajolt Kit assembly Question and Answers. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_kit_assembly_guide">Kit assembly guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

ramses

black board question

Post by ramses »

hy

i have bought a megjolt/e with tps. now decided to go for map. if i get it correct i only need to solder the censor in and nothing else since its a black circuit board.

can i get that censor separate?

cant get pick now. photobucket site is down.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

There's a MAP sensor upgrade kit available in our store if you need that. Hope it helps.

And yes, please post picture when you can.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

ramses

Post by ramses »

This is the board. As far as i can see i don't need any soldering appart from that sencor? Or is there anything that needs to be soldering out of it?

Ill have a look on the site for that kit once im sure what to look fo.

Grts

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

You are correct. you only need the sensor. It's a freescale MPX4250AP - you can order it from us, or from any online supplier.

Cheers,
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

ramses

Post by ramses »

Nice. Seen that one on there.

And then i need to read it in or something? Another 4 months until i can instal it but would like to test run it on my other mini to. So i can see the effects and maybe buy a second one for that car. ( 998 twin carb high compression race engine)

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Correct, You would set the software to be MAP mode and go from there.

Thanks!
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

ramses

Post by ramses »

hy. so finally got my parts together. and found someone who wants to solder it. now. to be sure. the map sensor in with the writings up and then i need nothing to be taken out? seen on the green plate that the r3 needs to be taken out but that this is not needed on the black board? is that correct?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

The MAP sensor needs to be installed with the small port facing the board. Not sure what you mean by the 'green plate' - if you can clarify, please let me know
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter