Having problems viewing data using racecapture app

Discussion on the RaceCapture App - Windows, Android, OSX and Linux.

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

cooper2006

Having problems viewing data using racecapture app

Post by cooper2006 »

I am trying to view data from my SD card using the RaceCapture app. When I try to import the log data, the note at the bottom of the screen says "Loading log records". The system seems to freeze on this. I let it set for over 30 minutes and it never did anything. I can view the log file using Excel, so I Know there is data there. This is the first time I have tried to view any data as I just bought this unit. Am I doing something wrong?

Joe

cooper2006

Post by cooper2006 »

I tried loading the test Sonoma file, and it works fine.
Attachments
RC_Test.doc
(164.5 KiB) Downloaded 164 times

cooper2006

Post by cooper2006 »

I also loaded the most recent firmware 2.8.7

cooper2006

Post by cooper2006 »

I noticed I was running release 1.4.1. Unistalled it and installed 1.4.2. Now the system freezes similar to before, but now it says "Initializing Datastore"

JMcDonough

Post by JMcDonough »

Can you upload the actual log file to this thread?

My understanding is that you need start/finish markers (and potentially other information (GPS Data?)) in order to be able to view data in the app.

As a result of that, I resort to going through the conversion script and viewing files in GEMS. I think the plan is to eventually have the app capable of working without start/finish locations, but it has not been a high priority on their development list.
Josh

cooper2006

Post by cooper2006 »

I have a start/finish line setup. I did a test run on a flat piece of land and simulated a small circle track course with a start/finish line. I did verify that the laps did count up each time I passed the line. I tried to attach the file, but I am getting a message saying that the file size is too big. Do you have an email account that I could send it to.

cooper2006

Post by cooper2006 »

Thanks Josh,

Do you know where I can get a copy of the script to be able to read the data in GEMS?

JMcDonough

Post by JMcDonough »

cooper2006 wrote:Thanks Josh,

Do you know where I can get a copy of the script to be able to read the data in GEMS?
Link to the download here:

https://www.autosportlabs.net/RaceCaptu ... a_Analysis

Instructions to use it are buried in this thread:

https://www.autosportlabs.org/viewtopic.php?t=3731
Josh

cooper2006

Post by cooper2006 »

I went out tonight and tested it again with the gps and the accelerometers and yaw sensors all at 10 Hz. Still getting the same result. Locks up with the phrase "Loading Datastore" at the bottom. I attached a copy of the log file that has all the inputs at 10Hz
Attachments
RC_7.LOG
(199.28 KiB) Downloaded 138 times

stieg

Post by stieg »

Hey Cooper2006,

Just tried this locally and was able to find a bug. Filed a ticket to track it at the following location: https://github.com/autosportlabs/RaceCa ... issues/901. The issue seems to be triggered by the space in the channel name "RF Shock". I corrected it by replacing the space with an underscore. That got it working for me locally. Hope that helps and sorry for the inconvenience.
Andrew Stiegmann (Stieg)
Principal Engineer
Autosport Labs Inc.

cooper2006

Post by cooper2006 »

Thanks stieg. So is this something I will have to do manually each time, or will the ticket you filed fix it in the program?

cooper2006

Post by cooper2006 »

If this is something I'll have to do manually, can you write a short procedure on how to modify the data in a .log file?

Thanks,

stieg

Post by stieg »

If this is something I'll have to do manually, can you write a short procedure on how to modify the data in a .log file?
Simply open up the log file. Look on the first line. Find where it says "RF Shock". Replace the space with an Underscore character.
So is this something I will have to do manually each time, or will the ticket you filed fix it in the program?
The ticket I filed means that its a bug that will need to get fixed in the program. If you follow the bug, you will know what release the bug gets fixed in. HTH.
Andrew Stiegmann (Stieg)
Principal Engineer
Autosport Labs Inc.

gizmodo

Post by gizmodo »

I'm assuming that channel name was user created. Until the issue is fixed couldn't you just rename the channel RF_Shock? Then you wouldn't have to do anything when importing.

cooper2006

Post by cooper2006 »

I did change the name of the channel to RF_Shock, and I was able to load the data; however, I am still having some issues.

1) It does transition into the status of loading files, but then if freezes up at this point. I can close and reopen the app, and the laps are there in the analysis page, and all the data seems to be present. Shouldn't the system automatically return to the analysis page once the data has been loaded?

2) I am using a user defined track. When I go into the heat map portion, I can't get back to my track layout. It only gives me predefined tracks.

3) The analysis graph at the bottom does not seem to have a scale to it. It is just a straight line. Is there a way to adjust the graph scale for each pin that you are looking at? I can see the data in the text box change, and the dot does move around the track.

The system is really close to be very useful, I just need to get a few minor details lined out.

Thanks,

Joe