Fuel Level Smoothing

All sensor specific discussions! Temperature, pressure, steering angle, brake and throttle, etc. Post adaptations of OEM-style sensors, and also your clever DIY hacks and custom designs here too!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg

ed

Fuel Level Smoothing

Post by ed »

I saw a post on Facebook about work being done on sensor smoothing. I also saw this: https://github.com/autosportlabs/RaceCa ... issues/886 I see "Alpha" in the config file. Can someone tell me what value I can change this to manually to enable smoothing? Is the value a factor between 0-1? Any advice on what would be a good factor to use for my fuel level sensor if that's the case? Thanks!
Last edited by ed on Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ed

Post by ed »

Well I actually plowed ahead with no advice and used a .2 factor. It worked REALLY nicely smoothing the fuel level for a while. Then my RCP got unhappy and appeared to be hung in bootloader mode. Totally unresponsive except for red error LED fast blink. So I reinstalled the firmware and loaded my previous configuration....all is back to normal. No other changes so I assume the smoothing fubar'd-it-up. Yes? I'd try it again but gun shy so will wait to hear advice.

My fuel level signal input comes from my autometer fuel gauge, it isn't directly wired from sender to RCP. So when the car is not powered there is not signal input and reads 0 I believe. Could the 0, or lack of one when the car is not powered, be hanging up the smoothing math?