Connecting tablet to RCP with USB

Discussion on the RaceCapture App - Windows, Android, OSX and Linux.

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

highboosted

Connecting tablet to RCP with USB

Post by highboosted »

Can the software apps, either Amazon or Android, connect to the RCP via USB plug?

I have a USB micro to mini cord, but none of my tablets will connect to the RCP using the apps, so before I even take this further troubleshooting I'm wondering if the software or hardware even has the ability.

Due to interference, I can't use bluetooth, so a direct connection is my only way to changing configuration and dashboard usage. Works fine connecting to my laptop, but I'm not strapping a laptop to my car, lol.

highboosted

Post by highboosted »

Also, another option I guess is a windows tablet, but I'd like some confirmation it would work before buying a cheap one to test out. I would think something running windows would be able to use it's USB port to communicate, but that would make too much sense to actually happen...

highboosted

Post by highboosted »

Found what I needed in an older post. Should run from USB on a windows tablet, will NOT run USB from android.

Because I want it running for next weekend, figuring out why the bluetooth is giving me fits when next to 2 HVC coils and ignition modules will have to wait, so cheap windows tablet it is. I don't even know if the RCP itself even works with this much interference, yet, or even if it's the ignition causing it.

It's worth a shot I guess. Picking up a local tablet for $30 to test tomorrow.

highboosted

Post by highboosted »

Bought a $30 windows tablet, works a treat. RPMs were really spiky (I had a 300,000 RPM reading once, lol), but the lua filter solved that so far and I'm not too worried that the resulting RPM logging rate it down to like 5Hz.