Question about delta on Android app

Discussion on the RaceCapture App - Windows, Android, OSX and Linux.

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

dotframe

Question about delta on Android app

Post by dotframe »

I finally got a chance to try out my RCP dash and I'm loving it!! I'm using a Nexus 7 and the shit-x light.

One thing I noticed though was that the delta didn't show up during every session. It worked on my first session but after that it just sat at 0.0 for some reason. Is there something special that needs to happen to trigger this?

I will say that the predicted lap time is magic. After the first few laps it was scary accurate:)
Last edited by dotframe on Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

stieg

Post by stieg »

I'm using a Nexus 7 and the shit-x light.
Hehe. Oh how many times have I almost typed this. That 'f' key just doesn't want to work at the worst time :D.
One thing I noticed though was that the delta didn't show up during every session. It worked on my first session but after that it just sat at 0.0 for some reason. Is there something special that needs to happen to trigger this?
That is no good. Delta needs the start/finish points of the track to work properly, but that should be it. What versions of firmware and the app are you currently running? Sometimes after a re-connect the app can get into an odd state. If you kill the app on the tablet completely (ie go to the app switcher and swipe left on the RCP app) and then re-start it, that may get it. Let us know the versions and we will see what we can do to help you with the issue. TIA.
Andrew Stiegmann (Stieg)
Principal Engineer
Autosport Labs Inc.

dotframe

Post by dotframe »

SHIFT-X SHIFT!! LOL.

Thanks for the reply. I am using App: 1.4.2 with RCP 2.8.7 on an MK1.

Interesting point about the app reconnecting. I basically just left the tablet on and the app running between sessions. I was really excited that the RCP reconnected every time without any problems:)

I should be able to put in a script that restarts the app each time the car starts up (tablet detecting power connection). I'll try that and see if it helps. Thanks!

stieg

Post by stieg »

Do keep us posted on what you do and what works. I would like to ensure that this gets solved going forward.
Andrew Stiegmann (Stieg)
Principal Engineer
Autosport Labs Inc.

dotframe

Post by dotframe »

Successful test this weekend by restarting the app each time I went out for a session. No problems with delta at all.

Thanks for the tip!

stieg

Post by stieg »

Awesome. Do get the newer versions of the app as they are released as they have fixes for many of these bugs. At least you have a good workaround for right now. Thanks for working with us as we continue to improve this product. Cheers.
Andrew Stiegmann (Stieg)
Principal Engineer
Autosport Labs Inc.