Inductive wheel Sensor

All sensor specific discussions! Temperature, pressure, steering angle, brake and throttle, etc. Post adaptations of OEM-style sensors, and also your clever DIY hacks and custom designs here too!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg

pgm88

Inductive wheel Sensor

Post by pgm88 »

Hello every one,

I just purchase a racecapture pro 2 for a prototype we are developing in our company.

I was trying to find information related to the installation of an inductive wheel sensor, we use to have an other datalogger system and hope i can use the sensors we already have.

I already tried hooking up the white wire to the Pulse Input 3 and the black to the 5v reference, the white wire to the Pulse Input 3, the black to the 5v reference and the metal in the body to the ground, the white wire to the Pulse Input 3, the black to the ground.

the only thing that i haven't tried yet is this hooking procedure because i found in the installation procedure that each input has a built-in 10K pullup resistor connected to 5V.

Thanks for your help.
Attachments
Sensor
Sensor
Captura.JPG (36.18 KiB) Viewed 839 times

pgm88

Post by pgm88 »

Any help???

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

RaceCapture requires a square wave signal fed to the timer / pulse inputs. We typically recommend hall effect sensors for wheel speed sensors and similar.

Have you put a scope on the input to the RaceCapture to see what the signal looks like? That might be a good first step.

Also, Which wire is the black and white?

Let us know when you have this additional info and we'll help where we can.

Thanks,
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter