analog ground for air fuel sensor

All sensor specific discussions! Temperature, pressure, steering angle, brake and throttle, etc. Post adaptations of OEM-style sensors, and also your clever DIY hacks and custom designs here too!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg

theycallmetk

analog ground for air fuel sensor

Post by theycallmetk »

I am wiring up the O2 sensor that I bought and I see in the wiring diagram it is clear about sending the black ground to the power ground. But there is a BROWN wire that says to connect it to the ANALOG ground. I am not clear on what the analog ground is. Is this the ground on the break out board?

the black ground I think goes to the same ground I ground the unit to (battery ground), correct me if i am wrong. And the brown ground I think goes to the break out board. I attached the wiring diagram photo you will see what I am talking about.

Please clarify.

one last question, for the Wheel speed sensor, there is a BLACK (battery ground? ) red (VDD?) and a white with black stripe. Can you clarify where I am wiring these to? Does the black go to the break out board ground or the battery ground? The VDD red I assume is the 5V reference that goes to the break out board? In the technical information sheet on your site for this sensor its not perfectly clear to me.

thank you for the clarifications to these 2 questions
Attachments
AF sensor wiring diagram.gif
AF sensor wiring diagram.gif (235.39 KiB) Viewed 783 times
wiring for AF sensor.PNG
wiring for AF sensor.PNG (49.07 KiB) Viewed 783 times

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Tyler,

For the LSU 4.9 sensor you can just wire both ground connections together to the common location you wired RaceCapture/Pro. It's important to wire to a common location to minimize ground loop issues.

Since the sensor does provide an analog signal ground, their intention was that the signal ground was isolated from the ground that powers the heater for the sensor. You can still wire both to the same location, but - if it is more convenient, you can wire the ground for the sensor heater to a separate point on the body and then wire the analog ground to the same location as RaceCapture/Pro.

For the wheel speed sensor, we've updated our Sensor documentation to include wheel speed sensors as well - see here: https://autosportlabs.net/RaceCapturePr ... ect_Sensor

As with all sensors, you can use the SensorX board to provide a common ground and VRef connections, or wire everything separately.

Hope this helps!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter