Podium Not Connecting

Setup and configuration for Race Capture Pro real-time telemetry features

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg

dimondjack

Podium Not Connecting

Post by dimondjack »

I recently upgraded my Mk1 to 2.8.7. The telemetry settings haven't changed (uploading from a tablet) and now it won't connect to podium. I've checked the telemetry ID and the tablet says connected to podium, but nothing gets sent.

I am getting a red light in the upper left corner. What does this mean?

dimondjack

Post by dimondjack »

Pushing in the SD card fixed the red light on the top left, but didn't change the telemetry at all. Still nothing. It worked perfectly before I upgraded to the new firmware!

dimondjack

Post by dimondjack »

I ended up figuring this out: If Race Capture has connected to podium prior to creating an event, it creates an Ad-Hoc event. Once the RCP device is assigned to the ad-hoc event, it will not connect to a new event. Seems that a device can only be assigned to one event, and the earliest event "wins" for connecting. I figured this out only a few minutes prior to the race starting, so I didn't dare delete the ad-hoc event; I just used that one for the race. Maybe I'll try figuring it out in the future, but I think the moral of the story is to create the event prior to turning on your RCP for the day.

rdoherty

Post by rdoherty »

Hi dimonjack, yes, you are correct. Sorry for the confusion, we know this is a problem/issue with Podium. For now what you can do is either create the event and add your device to it *before* RCP is on (a day before or earlier is best to absolutely prevent the problem) or you can rename the ad-hoc event if RCP connects and one is created.

Hope that helps!
Ryan Doherty
Autosports Labs