Pressure Sensor Problems

All sensor specific discussions! Temperature, pressure, steering angle, brake and throttle, etc. Post adaptations of OEM-style sensors, and also your clever DIY hacks and custom designs here too!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg

m3drvr

Pressure Sensor Problems

Post by m3drvr »

I purchased a 10 bar pressure sensor with my Racecapture Mk2. After the usual months of procrastination, I finally plumbed it in to measure oil pressure and connected it to analog channel 1. I configured it to read 0-150 psi and set up the voltage mapping. With the engine off, the display read 20 psi. Once it started, the display still read 20 psi. To check the cable, I unplugged it from the sensor and shorted the power and sensor leads. The display read 150 psi. When I shorted the sensor lead to ground it read 0 psi. As far as I can tell, it is wired and configured correctly. What else do you recommend I check?

Thanks, Bruce

rdoherty

Post by rdoherty »

Hi Bruce, can you upload your configuration here or a screenshot of the configuration for the sensor? Thanks!
Ryan Doherty
Autosports Labs

m3drvr

Post by m3drvr »

Attached is a screen shot.
Attachments
Sensor Config.pdf
(170.36 KiB) Downloaded 100 times

rdoherty

Post by rdoherty »

The configuration looks correct, I would log just the raw 0-5v values to see what RCP sees. My guess is the sensor is not sending the correct voltage.
Ryan Doherty
Autosports Labs