What is the status of RCP Analysis?

Discussion on the RaceCapture App - Windows, Android, OSX and Linux.

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Thanks for the feedback.

Realize you can run the same RaceCapture app on phones, tablets as well as your laptop to compare laps between sessions using built-in analysis view, and expand that out full screen for maximum viewability. No live-streaming needed.

Here's a demo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi9nA2N87RY

Also, with the latest app, it logs in the background as you're racing, so the laps are immediately available in the analysis view without having to pull an SD card and transfer files. Just pull the tablet out of the car and review laps on the spot.

Here's an example of using the dashboard, having it record in the background automatically, then switching to analysis view and immediately have the ability to review data:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA1jWfrmEog

This is currently available in the latest app.
Thanks again!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Shiftlink

Post by Shiftlink »

Here's the scenario.
I'm running a race weekend alongside a friend and fellow competitor who is 1 second faster than me pretty much all the time. What I want to do is jump out of the car after the session, go in the trailer and debrief as we get out of our driver suits. Then once we're comfortable I want to put his fast lap on top of mine and have him talk me through those corners where he's beating me. The quicker and easier I can do that the more competitive I can be in the next session, which may only be one hour away. I want to overlay the faster guys lap on top of mine as quick and easy as possible.

How do I do that with RCP right now? (assuming we both have the same RCP set up)

How can I do that better by next season?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Is this with the same car, or with different cars?
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

Shiftlink

Post by Shiftlink »

brentp wrote:Is this with the same car, or with different cars?
Same car, assume a spec miata type scenario. Could be 6 of us or more running out of the same camp.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Pretty straightforward.

Driver 1 goes out, data is recorded on the fly in the RaceCapture app running on the tablet in the car.

Driver 1 comes in, optionally reviews data, then Driver 2 goes out. A new session is created and is recorded on the fly.

When driver 2 is complete, both sessions can be loaded into the analysis view and laps from either driver can be compared quickly and overlaid with each other. Any channel data can be compared (Speed, RPM, TPS, brake pressure, steering angle, etc) between sessions.
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

You have a MK1 RaceCapture/Pro ? The system has come a long way since then, especially the app / analysis features! Still, we've ensured the latest app will work with the MK1.
Last edited by brentp on Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

Shiftlink

Post by Shiftlink »

Oh I misunderstood your question. Different car of the same type. same sessions two cars.

Shiftlink

Post by Shiftlink »

brentp wrote:You have a MK1 RaceCapture/Pro ? The system has come a long way since then, especially the app / analysis features! Still, we've ensured the latest app will work with the MK1.
I do, looking at replacing some systems in other cars with the new stuff and doing whatever is needed to have both of the cars on the same page.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

In that case, the session recorded on the fly can be exported and re-imported into another app, say 'the master app' running on a laptop. This scenario still avoids the need to pull SD cards.

The next goal is to have the ability to push/pull sessions to your Podium account which will automatically show up for friends you share with. This will be useful in cases where you have internet access in the paddock, but not in the car for live-streaming.
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

Shiftlink

Post by Shiftlink »

brentp wrote:In that case, the session recorded on the fly can be exported and re-imported into another app, say 'the master app' running on a laptop. This scenario still avoids the need to pull SD cards.

The next goal is to have the ability to push/pull sessions to your Podium account which will automatically show up for friends you share with. This will be useful in cases where you have internet access in the paddock, but not in the car for live-streaming.
That sounds good, I'm looking forward to hearing more about selective sharing between podium accounts.

Thanks!

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Right on! We're excited to get that working, and thanks for being such an early adopter and community member.
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

pmacduffie

Post by pmacduffie »

It seemed I should post an update. I reluctantly bought a Racepak IQ3LD and hope it will do what I want.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Thanks for the update. There are certainly a lot of choices out there! I hope you are satisfied with the results you get from it.

For RaceCapture analysis, lap statistics are going in as part of a new 'paged view' capability. Demo video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq7SeuLKIe0

The paged analysis views will allow for specialty analysis widgets, like tire and brake temperature visualizations, if you have those sensors connected:

Demo video of it in action:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T24ndKBUS3Y
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter