Stuck on Initializing Datastore

Discussion on the RaceCapture App - Windows, Android, OSX and Linux.

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

imstimpy

Stuck on Initializing Datastore

Post by imstimpy »

I've imported plenty of sessions for analysis by this point. I updated to 2.10 firmware and a newer app before heading out to the track this past weekend. While my data was properly recorded, the app properly displayed it, I cannot analyze it in my Windows application.

I can import my older laps, but laps from this weekend get stuck on "initializing datastore"; though the application no longer accepts input, the RCP status is still updating. I attempted to find the database but there is no print of it in the system status. I attempted to copy the application log, but it copies in Chinese!?

Attached is an example log that does not load and my application log.
Attachments
rc_16.log
(55.79 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
application_log.txt
(3.84 KiB) Downloaded 94 times

imstimpy

Post by imstimpy »

Hello? Brent?

imstimpy

Post by imstimpy »

I had to browse the source and dig back into racecapture/settings/prefs.py to locate the file name 'preferences.ini'. Using a little intuition I found the datastore file under 'C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\racecapture'. I deleted the 100MB datastore file and now I can load the sessions.

Unfortunately something (a lot of things) changed with how elapsed time is tracked. If I run the analysis in time mode, my log from one year ago is grossly timeshifted compared to the log I just captured. If I switch to distance mode, the logs align. The meaning of AccelX and AccelY have been flipped too! To compare the two logs I have to take AccelX from my old log and invert AccelY in my new log. This is all with the same RCP configuration...

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Sorry for the delay. Do you still have the datastore file so we can review?

If you can upload the current one to dropcanvas.com (or equivalent upload site) we can inspect and diagnose the issues you currently have. and point me to the session / laps you are having issues with.

AccelX and Y have changed to SAE standard (this was a bug we fixed in the firmware). We have it on the list to re-map the channels after the fact. Or, you could tweak your older log files and rename the channel names for a quick fix.

Thanks,
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter