Channel Issue?

All sensor specific discussions! Temperature, pressure, steering angle, brake and throttle, etc. Post adaptations of OEM-style sensors, and also your clever DIY hacks and custom designs here too!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg

PS14

Channel Issue?

Post by PS14 »

Im having trouble with a delphi temp sensor setup as oil temp on channel one. while bench testing the wiring harness the dashboard reads 285*f. i expected it to show room temp, the SU sensor on channel zero (water temp) reads 65*f (room temp) i switched channel one to read volts and it displays 0.40 (which maps to around 285), but when i test voltage across ground to channel one on the green connector i read 3.5v (which would map to room temp). any idea why the RCP is getting 3.5v but displaying 0.4v?
Thanks, Dave
RCP/MK2

PS14

Post by PS14 »

I had another green connector so i swapped it. the only wires i have hooked up are power/ground, 5vlt and the two channels. dashboard reads 65deg water and 140 deg oil (on the bench). when i unhook the sensors i am reading 2.7v on the dashboard raw and 4.3v on each channel at the green connector. i think the 4.3v is correct with the pulldown resistor, so i dont believe its a wiring issue. any thoughts would be appreciated.

PS14

Post by PS14 »

ok, i'm a moron. i finally realized what i thought was channel 0 & 1 was actually 6 & 7. works as advertised now!

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Whoops! Glad you figured it out, sorry we didn't help you earlier, though!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter