OBD & wifi erratic

Discussion on the RaceCapture App - Windows, Android, OSX and Linux.

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

cwilson

wifi conf on windows/usb

Post by cwilson »

Any ideas as to why the windows pc would show Access point disabled since I have my named home wifi and the password is correct? The wi fi seems to be enabled with regards to other internet access. What would I need to do to enable it on/in RC ? I already have the RC wifi switches turned on.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

So, it says "access point disabled" because RaceCapture could not activate it's own access point, for some reason. It's not related to your home WiFi's access point.

To be clear, RaceCapture can use WiFi in two different ways:

* RaceCapture can create it's own WiFi network (these are the Access Point settings)
* RaceCapture can connect to other WiFi networks, like the one in your house (These are the client settings)

It could be a settings issue that's causing RaceCapture to not create it's own access point.

Could we get your RaceCapture configuration per the steps in the previous post?

-Brent

cwilson

wifi conf on windows/usb

Post by cwilson »

Yes, sounds like a good idea, I'll just have to figure out how to meet your request. Windows is not my normal computer, so it will be a while. Any quick suggestions? It has windows 10 on it.

chuck

cwilson

Review of Config file

Post by cwilson »

I've been out of pocket for the last week or so, but as you requested I sent in a copy of the wi fi config file for review . I'm wondering if you've had a chance to analysis it yet and have any comments that might help me get up and running?

c.wilson

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi, sorry for the delay, it admittedly slipped from the to-do list. Will look at it shortly.

Thanks!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

cwilson

wi fi working

Post by cwilson »

Thanks for the help. The test setup worked fine and I'm getting the RC wi fi on all my devices now. Not sure what the orig prob was, probably something dumb on my part, but it's working now. It was a big help sending an exact copy of what you wanted the settings to look like. thanks again. chuck

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Thanks for the update, and glad it's working. Also working on OBDII?
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

cwilson

OBD II

Post by cwilson »

It's working as expected on OBD II. Can't wait to get it out for practical use. Thanks for the help. Chuck

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Great, thanks for your patience as we worked through it!
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter