Exporting Data from iOS app

Found a bug or got a feature request? Post it here.
dewittpayne

Exporting Data from iOS app

Post by dewittpayne »

At the moment, I don't see any way to transfer a log file to another device. The files in the iOS beta app were accessible from a PC using iBrowse. That's no longer true. One can still create a log file from a session file on the analysis page, but that doesn't help much if you can't move it to another device.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

Thanks for the report. Are you saying that the one under test flight *used to* let you browse the saved log file, but not with the regularly released app available now? Just clarifying - if so, that's an unexpected side effect of releasing the app outside of test-flight.

Let me know - and we are currently working on alternatives, such as email attachments.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

Correct. I was able to use iBrowse to access the app folder and transfer files to a PC in the beta app. Now I can see an app folder but I can't see any files. Unfortunately, I deleted the beta app after it expired so I can't see if I could still access the folder.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Wow, definitely a surprise. Ok, we'll get that on a high priority.

On Android you can save to the local filesystem, which is available using a regular file browsing app. Sorry for the inconvenience! Cross platform stuff is often challenging!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter