Fuel Level Measurement

All sensor specific discussions! Temperature, pressure, steering angle, brake and throttle, etc. Post adaptations of OEM-style sensors, and also your clever DIY hacks and custom designs here too!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg

jschneider

Fuel Level Measurement

Post by jschneider »

Hello,

I would like to measure the fuel level in my fuel cell with the original sender. I have the following set-up: ATL float style 240 Ohm empty - 33 Ohm Full with an ATL fuel gauge mounted in dash. My question is how will I convert resistance into a 0-5V signal? What would the voltage be for the above specs or do I need to measure by moving the float? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

PopKorn78

Post by PopKorn78 »

Mesure the voltage by moving it, I did it that way and it works great.

jschneider

Fuel Level Measurement

Post by jschneider »

Thanks a lot for the information. I get 7.38V empty and 2.47V full. I think placing a resistor in-line to the RCP will step down the voltage to below 5V but I am not sure which one to use. Also, does it matter that the voltage is higher for empty? Can I set-up the RCP to account for this?

Thanks again for the help!

PopKorn78

Post by PopKorn78 »

For the resistor, I can't really help. For the voltage beeing higher when empty, I had the same, you can configure the rcp to show this.