Telemetry Not live-updating

Setup and configuration for Race Capture Pro real-time telemetry features

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg

davin.birdi

Telemetry Not live-updating

Post by davin.birdi »

I was trying out the Podium feature with my Racecapture Pro Mk2 and was unable to watch the data progress through time while using it.

Everything was set up fine to the Tutorial (https://wiki.autosportlabs.com/RaceCapt ... _telemetry) but when I logged on and was testing out the yaw and roll from my desk, I would only get the value at time = 0, which would constantly update at that point only. I would not get a line graph showing how the roll went up and then to zero after some time, but rather just a spike at 0, like in the picture.

I compared it to the SD card data which I was also logging and the SD card showed exactly what I was expecting. I was using a Fido Plan with enough data and was able to connect the device to Podium.

If there is a fix or someone has had this issue I'd appreciate their feedback.

Davin
UBC FE - SAE
Attachments
after motion 2.JPG
after motion 2.JPG (22.98 KiB) Viewed 1046 times

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

A couple of things:

* it looks like your distance was not updating. Make sure you have a GPS lock and that you're moving.

* Most important: Telemetry on podium is oriented around the concept of completing laps or runs. To see laps of data over distance, run the vehicle in a circuit with a start/finish point defined, and lap times updating. Then, you'll see information listed as individual laps, with your data showing.

Thanks, let us know what you find out!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

davin.birdi

Post by davin.birdi »

@brentp:

So does that mean that even though my X-axis is set as time on Podium it will not display the data relative to time as it progresses?

I'm just doing bench testing with it now and I wanted to see if it can record the change in basic sensors and display them over time. In your reply does that mean that the GPS and vehicle must be moving to get the sensor data to update and display along the axis? Implying that bench-testing will not work as it is in a stationary (<0.1m) ?

I'm having some issues with the GPS so that may be an issue, is it not plug-n-play after setting it up in the Settings or does it require scripting set-up to begin working?

Thanks a ton for your reply.
Davin

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi, It should be showing it by time, but IIRC it depends on GPS time for the time axis.

Do you know if your GPS was active when you were transmitting?

Can you post a link to your telemetry dashboard?

Thanks,
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

davin.birdi

Post by davin.birdi »

I wasn't able to test out Podium today but I did fix the issue with not transmitting the GPS data. I took the RaceCapture out of my shop and went for a walk around the block with it and was getting proper readings.
Hi, It should be showing it by time, but IIRC it depends on GPS time for the time axis.
If Podium runs off of the GPS time, that was probably the issue with the Podium data not continuously streaming.

Let me know if that sounds right and I'll send you an update on the telemetry once I can test it.

Thanks,

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Great. Yes, do try it with GPS enabled - will watch for a reply!
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter