SD not logging

Race Capture Pro hardware installation- power, wiring, physical installation, etc. See the dedicated forum for Sensor related topics

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

maheshwarrank

SD not logging

Post by maheshwarrank »

Hi,

My RCP is unable to log data into the SD card. Please let me know what might be the probable reason and solution and if there is any other way of logging on track data.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

Let's see what we can find out - first, some questions

* does it simply produce no files on the card?
* what brand and size of SD card are you using?
* when you try logging (using the button on the front) - do you see the red LED light up? Does it start the middle green light flashing?
* when connected to the app, and you look under 'system status' accessible from the menu in the upper left - what does it show for logging when you attempt to start logging with the button?
* Are you able to log successfully after a fresh format of the SD card?

Thanks, let us know on the above and we'll get you going!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Vrushabh

Logging problem

Post by Vrushabh »

I am also facing logging problems.
*It does not create any file on SD card.
*SD card szie is 1GB.
*As soon as i power up my RCP MK3 its shows green light on error but as soon as i press action button it turns to red and also my CAN bus data which was working fine stops when i do so.
*Yes it shows that the logging started in system status menu (as timer turns on). and also it shows some number in place of not logging.
*Actually i was able to log data earlier but as i formatted my SD card i am facing this problem. (i used my phone to format my SD card).

I am not understanding why is this happening what can be the cause. Is my CAN bus script related to this? (no logging script was included in it) ,bcz as is press action button my CAN bus data also stop updating.

please help
Thank You.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

When you try to log to SD, please observe the RaceCapture log as described here:
https://wiki.autosportlabs.com/RaceCapt ... apture_Log

Look for any messages relating to logging of data.

Also, please try the following:

* perform a fresh format of your SD card, FAT32
* try a different SD card. We recommend trying a 4, 8, 16 or 32 GB card. Recommend performing a fresh format on those cards before testing.

Thank you, Let us know what you find out.
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

Vrushabh

Post by Vrushabh »

Does the format affect logging? and for what exactly i should look for in poll log window?
Also what can be the reason for CAN not working when action button is pressed? it works fine if not pressed.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Watch the logging window when you press the button. What messages pop up?

Here's an example:

Logging started
fileWriter.c: Start
fileWriter.c: Opening log file
fileWriter.c: Opened rc_6.log
Logging stopped

Unsure about your CAN data; we would need more information. When you are attempting to log, do your CAN channels in the dashboard stop updating?
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

Vrushabh

Post by Vrushabh »

Yes it stops updating