Where can I find the raw data recorded in Dashboard mode?

Discussion on the RaceCapture App - Windows, Android, OSX and Linux.

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

lamfalus

Where can I find the raw data recorded in Dashboard mode?

Post by lamfalus »

Hi, after our Lemons weekend I want to pull any/all log files created by the RaceCapture app but not sure where to find them in the android file system. Is there a way to pull log files/csv without using any part of the Analysis feature of the app? I have tons of laps and starts/stops and I just want the whole data set and selecting all laps for export via the analysis feature is a non starter with 100+ laps of data and a sluggish Kindle Fire 7.

TXBDan

Post by TXBDan »

I have the same question. I "moved" the app and its data to the SD card in the Android (Amazon for me, using a Fire HD 8") and dug through the data on the SD card, but i don't see any logs.

Are there pros/cons to running the app directly off the SD card? I'd use a class 10 card.

Thanks

lamfalus

Post by lamfalus »

Bump. I should have gobs of data but can't locate it. Definitely curious to know if there a way to get the data out w/o using the RaceCapture App to manually create log files.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

The files are stored in an internal sql database format - they're not written as raw log files. At the moment, the best way to export is to use the export feature in the app to transform those sessions into .csv log files.

You can access the session export feature by viewing the list of sessions by pressing the (+) button on the session dropdown list in the Analysis view.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter