CAN Data

Discussions on CAN mapping for ECUs, sensors, PDMs, and more.
BK

Post by BK »

I'm not sure if this is only a type other than unsigned issue. I've been trying to map Oil pressure and I'm having similar issues. I select Oil Pressure and then edit the units to kPa and change the range, write the file, and when I re-read the file from the RCP it has resorted back to the original PSI units and the range is back to 0 - 150.

I'm not sure if somehow my file got corrupted and I need to start over with all the mapping or what but it';s frustrating for sure.

Brad

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Brad,

Thanks for the report, we're currently investigating this.

A bit uncertain about what you wrote.

if you go into one of the CAN channels you've created and change any of the settings: channel name, units, precision, mapping data, etc -- and then *write* it to the RC device, then immediately *read* it back from the device, are the changed settings still there after you go back in to edit the channel?

Note, this is separate from saving / reading to a file - just reading and writing to the RC unit itself.

Also, we have an updated 1.10.0 app we'd recommend beta testing; more info here: viewtopic.php?t=5434
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

BK

Post by BK »

When trying to setup Oil pressure I did not open and write from a file this time. I created the channel, I did save it, checked the output, it was not as expected, read from device, checked the new channel and it was back to it's default label and range.

adalgleish

Post by adalgleish »

I am having trouble finding the channel map for 2013 427 Convertible with an LS7. I believe the ECU is an LS2. I want to log the four wheel speed and RPM with my RaceCapture/Track.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

adalgleish,

Might want to create a new post with the correct title so someone else with a Corvette might be able to spot it and hopefully reply - replying to this thread makes it fairly buried and it's not quite related to the original topic.

Thanks!
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

BK

Post by BK »

Hi Brent. Any further developments on my signed value issue? I was able to determine it was my ECU did not have the Oil Pressure sensor wired properly that was then causing the RC to not get any data.

However, I am still unable to get my Closed Loop adjustment mapped. It still only shows positive percent adjustment but does not return a negative value. The negative value is shown as 3,256 through 3,276 (s/b -1% through -20%).

Brad

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

Unfortunately, we tried several times and could not repro the problem. Could you do video showing you making the change, writing it to RCP, then reading it back to show it not persisting?

Assuming you've tested with the latest RaceCapture app as well on desktop and mobile? (v1.10.2)

Thanks,
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

BK

Post by BK »

Yes, I'm using the most current versions.

I will do a video ASAP.

Thanks Brent.

BK

Post by BK »

Here is the link to the video I took of the attempted setup of a signed CAN Channel. I paused the recording in an attempt to keep the length/size of the video down. Let me know if you have any questions or even better solutions.

Brad

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwjeb0 ... sp=sharing

BK

Post by BK »

After updating to most recent firmware and App, the signed CAN mapping worked. Case closed. Thanks for all the help. That was the last piece of the puzzle for this season.

Brad

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Brad, thanks for the update. Was that with the 2.12.0 firmware, just to confirm? We fixed quite a few things in the CAN mapping system.
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

BK

Post by BK »

It was indeed the 2.12.0 firmware.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

I'm glad that resolved it - It must've been a side effect of another resolved issue, so it's hard to say exactly what fixed it.
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter