Session Recording

Found a bug or got a feature request? Post it here.
BK

Session Recording

Post by BK »

Since updating to the Android 1.11 the session no longer records in the App and if the App is running and I hit the action button to record on the RC it lots up the App. A App restart when recording on the RC is the only resolution.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi BK, can you save your configuration to a file and attach it here? I can take a look at your channels to see what might be going on.

When you press the action button, do you have an SD card in the slot?
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

BK

Post by BK »

It won't allow me to attach a RCP file. "Extension rcp is not allowed"

I do have a SD card in the RC.

dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

It's generally safer to send files in a compressed format. The usual method is to use the zip format. 7zip is freeware.

BK

Post by BK »

BK

Post by BK »

Or attached zip.
Attachments
072017.zip
(2.01 KiB) Downloaded 91 times

BK

Post by BK »

Any update? Heading to an event this afternoon.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi BK,

I looked at your config and it looks ok. There were a number of changes around session recording that we did in order to fix issues.

Try this:

Make sure any sessions you previously recorded are exported to a file for safe keeping. Then go to the Android App settings for RaceCapture and press the button "Clear Data". This will reset the app to a pristine condition.

After this, are you able to record a session via the app?
Thanks,
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

BK

Post by BK »

I cleared all the data and double checked my setup. The App stopped locking up when hitting the Action button on the RC unit. However, now that I'm trying to import the logs into the windows App, it's saying it can't input due to a duplicate column "Closed Loop". When I import the data into Excel I do not see any duplicates. Overlaying the data to video is a crucial tool for me to determine where I'm losing time.

Thoughts?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi, I think this might be related to a bug fix we recently did to, ironically, prevent duplicate column name collisions.

Here's how you can fix it:

* Go into your RC config and change the channel name from Closed Loop to something different, like ClosedLp, or CLoop. Don't make it "ClosedLoop" - make the characters different. Make sure you write this back to the unit to prevent future problems.

* Edit the log file with a text editor (don't use Word, use notepad or Notepad++) and edit the header. Find "Closed Loop" and change it to the same name as the previous step.

* Try importing again. It should work this time!

Thanks,
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter