RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Honda S2000 CAN Mapping (2006+?)
Post Honda S2000 CAN Mapping (2006+?) 
So I have a little bit of CAN logging working with my S2000 based on a tiny bit of information I found on HondaTech.

So far I have TPS, Steering Angle, and Coolant Temp logging. I want to get brake pressure working too but I can't figure it out yet.

Below is the info that I found:

Quote:
I was able to record the CAN data from my S2000 using a CANUSB dongle and a modified version of one of their sample applications (VB.NET). There isn't as much data as there was with my Lexus, but the data that is there is at a high frame rate. It took me a few hours studying the data from several driving cycles to identify the "easy" data streams. I haven't figured out what about half of the data is, since it is either bitwise or encrypted.

Brake pedal pressure (ID = 106 byte 3) streams at about 150 frames per second.
Throttle pedal position (ID=170 byte 1) streams at about 100 frames per second.
Steering Wheel Position (ID=198 bytes 1 & 2) and Lateral Accelleration (ID=198 byte 3) stream at about 100 frames per second.
Engine Coolant Temp (ID = 300 byte 1), Ambient Temp (ID = 300 byte 2), and Engine RPM (ID = 300 bytes 5 & 6) stream at about 100 frames per second.
Wheel Speed (ID = 448 bytes 5 & 6) stream at about 60 frames per second.

For TPS (0-100%) my configuration is as follows:
CAN ID: 170
Mask: 0
CAN Bus: 1
Offset: 0
Length: 1
Bit Mode: no
Source Type: Unsigned
Endian: Little
Formula: Raw x 100 / 255 + 0

For steering angle (in degrees, negative numbers for 'left', positive for 'right')
CAN ID: 198
Mask: 0
CAN Bus: 1
Offset: 0
Length: 2
Bit Mode: No
Source Type: Signed
Endian: Big
Formula: Raw x 1 / 10 + 0

I think the fact that brake pressure apparently uses byte 3, so I tried an offset of 2 but that didn't yield any results in the dashboard. Any thoughts?

Hi, A quick way is to log all of the raw data and watch for that particular CAN message. Use the CAN logging script we have to dump the CAN data to the log file:

https://wiki.autosportlabs.com/CAN_Bus_logger

If you vary the sensors (TPS, etc) and see the data moving in the raw data, then you can spot exactly where that data is and it should help your mapping. Feel free to post some of that raw data here, too.

Let us know how it goes!

Hi, A quick way is to log all of the raw data and watch for that particular CAN message. Use the CAN logging script we have to dump the CAN data to the log file:

https://wiki.autosportlabs.com/CAN_Bus_logger

If you vary the sensors (TPS, etc) and see the data moving in the raw data, then you can spot exactly where that data is and it should help your mapping. Feel free to post some of that raw data here, too.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks, I actually found that on my own and was able to modify it to only log the ID that I care about (106). From there I was able to see that bytes 6 and 7 were changing based on brake input. After a little fiddling I have it responding to what look like sane numbers. My guess is that Honda changed the bytes being used between 2006 (my car) to 2008 (the guy that originally found this info).

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1