Another SD Card logging issue - Please help me troubleshoot

General Q&A specific to RaceCapture/Pro. For app related questions post in the RaceCapture App forum. also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/RaceCapture">RaceCapture Information Page</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

AM150

Another SD Card logging issue - Please help me troubleshoot

Post by AM150 »

Hi guys, I've read through various threads on this subject and none of the suggested solutions have solved my issue.

My current configuration has just the default Lua script and nothing else, various channels etc. But I'm not getting anything logged to the SD card.

My SD card is a 128GB card formatted as exFAT, I reformatted the card, and have tried a different 64GB microSD card known to work in my goPro but to no avail. When I push the action button on the device while looking at the log screen on the scripting window I get the following entries repeated hundreds of times.

Any ideas?

Code: Select all

fileWriter.c&#58; Opening log file
fileWriter.c&#58; FS init error&#58; 13
fileWriter.c&#58; Remounting FS due to write error.

AM150

Post by AM150 »

Ok so I think I have got this solved. I shrunk the volume on the SD card to below 32GB and then formatted with Fat32. Now I seem to be logging.

Does this mean we are limited to 32GB SD cards? Is that something that will be updated in the future through firmware?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Glad you got it figured out! Yes, 32GB is the size limit. Freshly formatted cards are always a good thing to do as a first troubleshooting step.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter