Exporting Session not working

Found a bug or got a feature request? Post it here.
sirwin71

Exporting Session not working

Post by sirwin71 »

Is anyone else having issues with exporting sessions from iOS app? Mine will not save file since the upgrade.

Please advise.

Brent, I wonder if this is why I can not see the session on the Mac/Windows app, and now I can't see or get to them on the phone either with iexplorer, since they won't save from the iOS app.

Error says "there was an error exporting the session. Please check the destination and the file name. [Erno 1] Operation not permitted: u'/priavte/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/.......

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

What version of the app did allow you to export logs? We've seen a problem where people have not been able to access the saved file *after* exporting, but we haven't seen the issue actually saving a file. Have you tried different locations to save the file?
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

sirwin71

Post by sirwin71 »

1.11 does not allow me to export/save on iphone/iOS.

You may be right, that it was a previous version that did allow me too, I have saved logs to my phone and gotten them to my computer before.

I tried saving in every folder I could, the app would only allow me to go up in the directory tree, but not back down into subfolders, and i tried every option available.

I was thinking I could try reinstalling 1.11 or go back to earlier version, but would I lose my logs?

Thanks!

Scott

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

We will have to double check on our own iOS devices to confirm what you're seeing, and to see if we can recommend a location or a better way to export the data.

Un-installing the app will wipe the datastore, so don't do that - hang tight while we come up with something. Thanks!
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

sirwin71

Post by sirwin71 »

Any word on this? I head to the track in a week or two. Thanks! Scott

PS: any progress on building a export to GEMs format?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

While you can save files locally in Android, the iOS environment seems to block this concept for apps, unfortunately.

We're exploring a couple of options, one including sending an email attachment, and the other is uploading to Podium (after the fact).

Right now, if you have an internet connection with the device (e.g. phone) you can live-stream the data, which gets it off your phone - in real time:
https://wiki.autosportlabs.com/RaceCapt ... _Telemetry

For GEMS export, the best options are the community provided script - and a couple of variants posted in the forums - for doing that export: https://github.com/autosportlabs/RCP2GEMS

We're working through a set of features to get into the next app release - there are a few very high priority items, and addressing this iOS issue is high on the list!

Thanks for your patience, we'll be updating our blog and forums as we make progress. :)
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

sirwin71

Post by sirwin71 »

thanks!

PS: is this new with iOS, as I was able to get it off the phone before?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

This is new with iOS since releasing to production. The 'beta' version allowed you to browse the file system, and the production one restricts you from doing this. This policy by apple caught us off guard, unfortunately.
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter