RC/P MK1 CAN-Bus integration and RaceCapture/Track

Discussions on CAN mapping for ECUs, sensors, PDMs, and more.
perlpunk

RC/P MK1 CAN-Bus integration and RaceCapture/Track

Post by perlpunk »

I'm after the same thing as Coma here (viewtopic.php?p=26994)...

I see there is a board (https://github.com/autosportlabs/CANx) for the SP port but seems like a bit of work to get it made and I don't see it available in the store?

On a slightly different subject, I also have a RaceCapture/Track and am curious if I can make a simple cable for that which would allow me to plug 12v + CAN into it? Anyone know about this or can point me do a wiring diagram and let me know if it's supported?

Thanks in advance

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi, The CANx module was never put into production, but the full information for building one is in that link.

Information on making a custom cable for RaceCapture/Track is here: https://wiki.autosportlabs.com/RaceCapt ... stom_Cable

Thanks!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

perlpunk

Post by perlpunk »

Bummer there is no way to get CAN into the MK1 unit, feeling like that one is a bit of a lost cause unless I run dual sensors for ECU and Telemetry. :(

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

There is actually a way to get CAN into MK1; the CANx module described above provides all of the information to make one of these modules.

It's kind of like buying a turbo kit for your car - if you don't have the skills to install it, your local mechanic would have no problem doing it.

Likewise, If you don't have the skills to build the CANx module, it could readily be assembled by a high school, college, or your local hackerspace as a project.

Hope this helps, let us know how it goes!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter