How to read SD card data in app analysis???

Discussion on the RaceCapture App - Windows, Android, OSX and Linux.

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

F1 Dennis

How to read SD card data in app analysis???

Post by F1 Dennis »

HI all,
I feel this may be a silly question, but I can't find the way to open up sessions recorded to the SD card from the app.

If I use the "record session" option in preferences, it will create a session log on the device while I am in the dashboard. But this only works if the device stays with the car during the run. (can't do this with my car)
Once I switch to just log to the SD card the session files do not show in the analysis menu as the others do. When I use the "import" menu it only shows the file system of the device or computer I'm connected with, not the path to the SD card on the RC Pro.
I thought you could view the SD card data wirelessly on your mobile device upon returning to the pit. Is this not the case?
Please let me know how to view that data on my mobile device.

Thanks,
Dennis

F1 Dennis

Post by F1 Dennis »

I found the answer to this in an older post.
viewtopic.php?t=5349&sid=96a9fe52a241e1 ... f35bc1b5d9

Now that I see the SD logging requires you to manually remove the card to get the data, I'd suggest wireless reading capability in a future update. It'll be helpful for applications like mine in which I have to mount the RC Pro in a inaccessible location. It's an open wheel formula car so the best placement is on the floor just behind the seat, but you can't get to it unless you completely pull the seat out between sessions.

I'm going to look into an SD card extension cable so I can route the card to an accessible position, but keep the RC Pro close to the center of gravity.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the update. If you are running the RaceCapture app as a dashboard, note that it also will log to the app locally as well, making the data instantly available. Quick example of it working: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA1jWfrmEog
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter