RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 7 of 7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Megajolt 2 Roadmap
is there any news on the megajolt 2 project?
I want to convert my Jaguar V12 engine to a more reliable ignition system.
Up to now i found nothing in the diferent forum`s that seems better than Philip Lochner`s project with MS2 and dual EDIS

Hi, Thanks for the inquiry. There will be news soon as we have staffed up team members to take on multiple projects.

What is your car, engine type and need, exactly?

thank You for the reply.
My car is an E-Type ,1971, V12 with Carburetors, still has the old Opus ignition.
That means there is an 44 year old electronic circuit very near hanging over the engine.
It can be baken every moment. This is the reason, why Philip Lochner from SouthAfrica changed his V12 engine to MS and Dual EDIS.
When the engine became hot, the Opus stopped working and started only after 30 minutes, when it freezed.
I want to install a reliable ignition system and in the Forum`s are only three options : MS, Megajolt and XDI
Ilike the way you are aproaching problems and therfore my question
Regards Helge Kassel.

Wow, that does sound terrible. A V12 would be certainly interesting to run MJ2 on!

Thank you for your continued interest as we ramp up in 2015!

-Brent

Will MJ2 Ever see the light of day?

Nodiz seems to have taken over from MJ now due to the availability of EDIS units.
I used to always recommend MJ over other units, but find it hard to do now due to EDIS availability.

When I bought my very first Megajolt unit some 9 or 10 years ago. V4 was out and EDIS units were a couple of pounds from a scrap yard.
Now. Megajolt v4 is still the latest version and EDIS units often get listed for 50 on eBay UK.

Feels a lot like Half life 3. Half life 2 episode 3.
Will we ever see it?
Will we ever see MJ2?

I'm 43 now!.... And not getting any younger.

Jason.

We're moving in the direction where we're making it a practice to only talk about new products when there's a hard date or imminently availability.

As a business owner, you can understand that shifting business opportunities and concerns can change mid or long term plans. Adapting to these are important for us in order to grow. When plans are talked about far in advance, a change might result in disappointment in the community- and as sane human beings, we hate letting people down.

As a result, the policy direction we're moving towards when talking about core products / project strategy will drop more like a bomb rather than drawn out in advance.

The Github corporation describes this much more eloquently. Please read it, and take it all in: https://github.com/holman/ama/issues/534

With that, if/when Megajolt2 is announced, you'll know and you'll see hard information about it. In the meantime, the current Megajolt system, while a very mature product, is cost effective, near bulletproof (important for an engine control system), and EDIS modules are still available.

Thanks again for your interest. Subscribe to our blog and facebook to see the big things we're doing for cars and motorsports: http://autosportlabs.com/blog

I don't suppose you could look at my post in the MJ bug report section too could you?

The reason I posted was that a lot of people I know who use either Mj LJ or a similar system, often ask when mj2 is coming.
Especially as it was announced a 'few' years ago.
The wait for mj2 does feel like the wait for Half life 3. Will it ever happen in my lifetime! Smile

I appreciate that the current platform works and does what it needs to.
I use it on my own car. I have two other mj units set aside for my other projects and usually recommend it to friends.
Personally I love it. Does exactly what I need it to do.

However, it IS getting to a point where other packages offer more and feeling "long in the tooth".
Bluetooth connectivity. None of the messing with USB adaptors or finding a PC/ laptop with a native serial port.
Systems that can use water temp, AFR, map and tps sensors all in one.
Larger ignition maps.
Revs past 10k ( I know this is an EDIS restriction rather than Mj )
Internal EDIS. To say EDIS units are still available is true. However, I can't agree that the units are value for money anymore. Certainly not here in the UK.
Wiring can be " messy" due to the EDIS unit when compared to other systems.

From a personal opinion, it feels like Autyosport labs are concentrating on Race capture and that work on MJ2 has been put on a back burner.
This might not be the case. But it's how it comes across to me and others who have mentioned it.

I'm not trying to stir anything up.
I'm just trying to put a point of view across.

Jason.

I joined up believing Megajolt/C was already available. Doesn't appear my visions of a carb'd CNP equiped classic with 8 LS2 coils will soon be realized Crying or Very sad

I do wish you luck and only post to subscribe to the thread, and to convey my interest in this unit.

Post Any news 
Hello, have there been any developments on this project? I would love a beta tester board if production boards are not yet finalised. Though would love to hear you have them in full production!

Hi, There is no Megajolt2 project, it is effectively cancelled.

We will remove this section of the forum shortly to avoid confusion.

Thanks,

Reply to topic Page 7 of 7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7