1.12 Beta issues

Found a bug or got a feature request? Post it here.
PS14

1.12 Beta issues

Post by PS14 »

I m seeing some weird behavior with the update to 1.12. ive loaded it on my RPi, Fire tablet and Win10 laptop and they all do the same things.
1. I cant connect to a gopro3, (had no issues with 1.11 and the Lua). i also notice i dont have any input on the automatic screen to choose the camera type. under the SD logging button it is all blank. i do have WiFi, with the cameras SSID/password.
2. when i open the setup, the "write" button is lit up solid blue (sometimes the save dialog flashes quickly). as soon as i open the wifi menu the write button starts to flash, even tho i havent made a change
3. the SD logging button keeps turning off
4. the 2 gauge screen keeps changing my choosen gauges. seems like they are tied to the outer gauges on the 3 gauge panel. if i set the two to f&r brake press, exit and reopen. the are changed to l&r afr channels. i noticed when i side loaded the fire and opened it for the first time, i set the 2 panel to F&R brake press, then rolled to the 3 panel, the outer two gauges were already set to the same.

its weird, if you need i can video this stuff so you can see it all in action. Thanks Dave.
oh and i did update the firmware to 2.13

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this. Can you double check that you are indeed on 2.13.0 firmware? Based on the description it sounds like it's responding to an older version of the firmware.

Flashing this firmware causes the unit to go back to factory defaults. Did you also restore your previously saved configuration to your unit before you saw these issues? Or, did you test it with the factory defaults, right after flashing the firmware?
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

PS14

Post by PS14 »

yes im on 2.13.0. i followed the steps exactly. ill get a video up in a few minutes so you you see it.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Thanks. And the 2nd question?
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

PS14

Post by PS14 »

Yes, i also opened and rewrote the saved config back to it. heres a link to my shared google drive video. its a little shiny, but maybe you'll see something.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E8i5jR ... sp=sharing

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi, thanks for the video, that's helpful.

I see from your video that you're running MK2. Unfortunately, we are not able to support the built-in GoPro triggering with MK2, due to limitations on how WiFi works with the MK2 system vs MK3/Apex/RaceCaptureTrack. That's why you don't see it as an option in setup.

However, you can still control your go-pro using the long standing go-pro control script, which has worked well for others. Full information here: https://wiki.autosportlabs.com/RaceCapt ... _GoProWiFi

Thanks for helping clarify that, and apologies for the confusion.
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

PS14

Post by PS14 »

I had no problem with script so i'll add it back. but what about the gauge issue? I cant have it changing assigned channels every time it starts up. and the SD logging turning off, hopefully I can just control that with a script.

maybe I should go back a firmware, then re-install 2.13.0 and write a fresh config to it? must be corrupted somehow I assume?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

For #2, we reproduced this and logged the issue to be fixed in 1.12.1.

For #3, I could not reproduce this issue. I read the config, change the SD logging from off to ON (or vice versa) then wrote the config; then re-read the config and the setting persisted.

For #4, we reproduced this and logged the issue to be fixed in 1.12.1.

Thanks for your testing help!
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter