Feature Requests: Sensor calibration and screen rotation

Found a bug or got a feature request? Post it here.
bosbeer

Feature Requests: Sensor calibration and screen rotation

Post by bosbeer »

Hi there,

just came back from our first racing weekend, everything went great and other competitors were really impressed by the product.

3 things that I would like to request:
1)Kilometers per hour: I know this is in the road map, but this would be great.
2)Screen rotation, even if it is a setting. We have a USB charging port wired into the car, but the phones rotation means we cannot charge and race.
3)Sensor calibration. We have used the GPX pro system before, and calibrating sensors was a breeze. You were able to set a value (temp/pressure/etc) and bind it to the current voltage. I find the current calibration a bit complicated if you are using sensors with pull up resistors, having to measure the voltage and calibrate the dash. So the feature request is to have n option to calibrate a value on the current input voltage.

Regards
Gerdus

jpf11

Post by jpf11 »

on #3, how does picking a single data point work? You can't create a linear map with just one data point, and this doesn't cover non-linear sensors which many are. You don't normally need to be measuring sensors to provide the calibration, but rather googling to get the sensor output map and then doing your pull-up resistance calculations for the voltage split.

bosbeer

Post by bosbeer »

Correct, they are not linear, so you would map 4 or 5 voltages vs temps/whatever. Just easier if you are using cheap sensors with little to no info on google.

jpf11

Post by jpf11 »

Gotcha, I guess I can see it as a worst case fallback. Smart idea.

bosbeer

Post by bosbeer »

Just a bit more info, there is documentation and examples of this on page 41 of their manual:
https://tinyurl.com/y8yvqh6u