cant read load bin

General Topics for configuring, operating and tuning the Megajolt. Also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_Operation_Guide">Operation Guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

eds911915

cant read load bin

Post by eds911915 »

hello autosportlabs. i was able to open the come port by changing the comport settings (very promising) im using a real DB9 serial cable not a USB232 adapter. Anyway this MEGAJOLT was removed out of a running vehicle about 5 years ago and placed on a shelf away from any moisture. so before i hardwire it into another vehicle i want to confirm its still functioning correct and what i dont understand is im getting no live data from the load bin. Also can Megajolt read system Voltage? could you take look a screen shot and tell me what im doing wrong?
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (117.88 KiB) Viewed 5430 times

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi, it looks like you're not able to communicate at all - see the "Timeout.." message at the bottom of the window.

Double check the COM port in device manager and then ensure the software settings match that.

Also, ensure the unit has 9-12v power through the molex connector; if testing on the bench you can use a 9v battery.

Let us know what you find out!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter