Need more obvious warning indicators - cost us an engine...

Found a bug or got a feature request? Post it here.
turbogrill

Need more obvious warning indicators - cost us an engine...

Post by turbogrill »

Hi,

In my race car I used the Race Capture App to show all my gauges.

We had an overheat incident that the driver didn't see, the gauge was pinned at red but the driver was busy with driving. Cost us an engine and the complete race weekend.

There should be a way of getting the display to go bonkers if certain criteria is met, something like blinking red or the gauges need to be blinking.

This doesn't have to be complex, just something simple works.

I think aiM and the more expensive competitors has this feature, now I understand why.

(Yes you could argue that I should have an extra waning light that is driven from the IO, I will get that as well).
(Yes you could argue that my drivers need to pay more attention but race cars need to be idiot proof)

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi - sorry to hear about your engine.

We are working on updating the alert and warning capabilities in the next major release. We have it documented here:
https://github.com/autosportlabs/RaceCa ... ssues/1542

We'll be sure to announce it widely when we have that close to being released.

Thanks,
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

turbogrill

Post by turbogrill »

brentp wrote:Hi - sorry to hear about your engine.

We are working on updating the alert and warning capabilities in the next major release. We have it documented here:
https://github.com/autosportlabs/RaceCa ... ssues/1542

We'll be sure to announce it widely when we have that close to being released.

Thanks,
awesome!

Again the warning could be simple, large areas of blinking red usually captures peoples attention

ross2004

Post by ross2004 »

Until the app update is released...

jpf11

Post by jpf11 »

Suggest a ShiftX2 with its very bright LEDs. I use it for shifting and have the side lights as warning/critical alerts and it's impossible for me to miss with how bright they are and with the shiftx2 in my direct line of sight. I have shared my code that simplifies the side light coding in the ShiftX2 sub-forum.

Request though is definitely needed (I'm the one who opened the git issue) and in the works.