RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Keeps disconnecting
Post Keeps disconnecting 
I'm running a raceCapture/Track (v2.13.5) and Raspberry Pi dash (v1.13.1). I have a phone in the car providing wifi, and the raceCapture is connected via USB to the dash. When it stop working, the dash says it is looking for the device. I have twice pulled out the USB connecter and re-plugged it in, and that fixes the problem, then a few minutes later it is disconnected again.

The whole time, the system shows connected on Podium, but no data is streaming (I assume since the racecapture/track is disconnected).

We are running all day today here at laguna seca, so I won't be able to debug, but I would love to know what options I have for sorting this out tonight.

Thanks
-Steve

I've not been able to reproduce in the pits, it is merrily staying connected and showing the gauges on Podium.

Lots of garbage data collected today, so I would REALLY like to get this sorted, because as it is, this isn't working. I assume it is part of my set up, but i could use some help figuring out how to debug.
https://podium.live/events/2019-laguna-seca-luckydog-season-opener/device/137-seize-z-um

As for the setup, the only changes I have made is to turn off all of the wireless options (Bluetooth, wifi) and hoping that makes it better tomorrow.

-Steve

I have re-built the pi a couple times and tried a different pi as well. So far no luck getting to consistent connections. Things work well for a while, then the gauges freeze and the display changes from
RaceCapture/Track MK2 2.13.5
to
Searching /dev/ttyACM0

The only way I can get things working again is to unplug the USB and plug it back into the Pi. Definitely not something I should be doing while racing around the track. Need help figuring out how to fix this and what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks for posting. This seems like an unusual problem.

It sounds like perhaps there might be a power or loose connection issue that might be caused by vibration. Does this happen when the car is stationary with key on and powered up? Proper power connection to the system is critical, as any interruptions would cause the problems you are seeing.

As a comparison, can you try it with a bluetooth connection to an android tablet, driving around the block with a simulated track?

Just running at the kitchen table for now.

The Pi is still having problems. I switched to a "Y" USB cable so I could provide more power to the RaceCapture but no change.

I've configured it's WiFi (I couldn't get the Bluetooth working for some reason), and set up my iPhone to connect as the RaceCapture App. It disconnected once while I watched, but reconnected by itself (much better than the pi). Going to let is stream for a bit and see if it happens again, but the fact it reconnected is already orders of magnitude better than before.

Tried the USB connection to my Mac, and it seemed completely solid.

Now trying the beta version 1.14.4 of RaceCapture and seeing how it goes

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1