RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
other options for data analysis softtware
Post other options for data analysis softtware 
I used to use a RacePak G2X data logger. In fact, I still have it, and am considering putting it back in my car for a number of reasons. I love the way the G2X does data analysis. I know a lot of folks say it's too difficult to learn and comprehend, but the way you can compare laps, including a virtualization of the actual lap as driven overlaid on the track, it really helps you to see how you drove your line. And, it will work on my Windows 7 computer (which I can't do with the RaceCapture app). I don't see this data analysis capability on the RaceCapture app.

Does anyone know of another program that has this sort of data analysis that will work with the MK3 (and hopefully Windows 7)? I would prefer it be free of course, but I would even be willing to pay for it if it's a good enough program.

Unfortunately, I'm beginning to think that I might need to run both data loggers to get all of what i want. A large part of my going from the RacePak to the MK3 was so that I could use the tire temp sensors from IZZE Racing. RacePak doesn't support those, and MK3 does at a reasonable cost.

I didn't realize how much I would be giving up by going to the MK3 in data analysis - otherwise, I would have likely gone to a different logger like AIM. I understand that AIM also has MUCH better support, which I've been much less than happy with, with my MK3.

If someone can point me toward a better app, I could have the capability of the tire temp sensors and the analysis I like at the same time - especially if I can also get the accelerometers working properly on the MK3 - the accelerometers seem so much better on the RacePak - maybe my MK3 is defective?. I would really prefer to not have to run two separate data loggers to get everything I'm wanting to do - or have to buy a 3rd different data logger like an AIM and replace both of the other two.

Any help with the data logger analysis software would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1