Megajolt and KS3 PHORMULA KNOCK SENSOR

General Megajolt Questions and Answers

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

damunk

Megajolt and KS3 PHORMULA KNOCK SENSOR

Post by damunk »

"The Phormula KS-4 Knock Monitoring Tool contains all the advanced features of the Phormula KS-3 plus:
0-5v Analogue Data Out
The KS-4 contains a true 0-5v analogue data output. Data output rates are configurable at up to a blistering 100 samples per second and fully compatible with all Data Logging Software, Engine Dyno’s, Rolling Roads and ECU’s. The 0-5v output can be integrated with an ECU to provide closed loop knock control.

Phormula Knock Datalogged"

I assume from here that this knock sensor can be trigged up to the 0.5V aux connector on the megajolt lite jnr and monitor knock against RPM graph?

I am looking to upgrade from my KS3 to KS4

brentp
Site Admin

Re: Megajolt and KS3 PHORMULA KNOCK SENSOR

Post by brentp »

Yes, the auxiliary input could be used to modify the ignition advance - see the operation guide in the wiki for details on how that works.

You can emulate the knock sensor by manipulating the input using a variable voltage (potentiometer) and observe how the ignition advance is modified on the fly.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

damunk

Post by damunk »

Can't I just use that input to plot the knock readings on the GRAPH along the RPM line to see how they compare so that I can learn from it.

I don't want it to change the advance timings.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

You can with the aux input; simply leave the +/- adjustment at 0, which means "no change".
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter