Racecapture Streaming Video is lagging and poor quality

Discussion on the RaceCapture App - Windows, Android, OSX and Linux.

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

dwspen01

Racecapture Streaming Video is lagging and poor quality

Post by dwspen01 »

I installed the Beelink SER5 and modem per the Video plus data streaming with racecapture instructions and used for the first time today during practice at Mid Ohio. Below is a link to the streaming video and I am looking for advice on how to improve the quality of the video and eliminate the lagging. I am also using the Netgear LM1300 model with a T-Mobile SIM card with a 50GB service data service plan. I am using a 1080p webcam from Amazon and thought about reducing it to 720p but could not find how to do that on the Beelink MiniPC. Any suggestions are appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/live/ddgVCFsuxO ... 5VnOfkzqPO

brentp
Site Admin

Re: Racecapture Streaming Video is lagging and poor quality

Post by brentp »

Hi, Thanks for the reply, and thanks for helping to test.

Here are some things to check / try:

* Check the locally saved files under the user's Video directory. Do these have good / smooth quality? If so, then it is likely related to the internet streaming.
* Does the problem happen in the garage at home on your home's wifi network? Related, does it happen at home on cellular (maybe the signal is stronger here)

Generally speaking, the idea is to try to isolate the source of the problem, so comparing two different ways of doing things will guide you towards the source of the issue.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

dwspen01

Post by dwspen01 »

Brent,
I checked the locally saved files on the Beelink SER5 and the raw video lags. I have clipped a 5 second video to show the lag but am unable to upload since it is 3MB and exceeds the upload limit. I am using a single 1080p webcam so not sure why it would skip and lag for the raw files being saved. Thoughts? I can upload a sample video file if you provide a location.

Thanks,
David

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi David, we had a couple of other troubleshooting questions in our original reply, could you address those? Related to our original question, does it also lag in preview mode when you plug a monitor into it instead of the HDMI emulator?