MJLJ Version 3.1.0

Information and announcements on updates to the Megajolt firmware and PC software

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Pmoffatt

This just sounds superb

Post by Pmoffatt »

How often do you buy a product and it just keeps getting better and better? Not often!

I just wanted to say thanks to brent and everyone who is helping with these developments - it'smaking life bliss for the rest of us!

TPS calibration is going to help a hell of a lot as we seem to be killing them through vibrations and stones atm - need to make a sheild for it!

Now if only I could find a mud-proof laptop on ebay, my current one now looks a little worse for wear and is going to take some serious cleaning after a trip in the car monitoring settings!

brentp
Site Admin

Status update #3 (or is it #4...?)

Post by brentp »

Testing is taking longer than expected (plus some other things non-project related popped up!) However, it's looking quite good.

The on-the-fly map switching is a very cool feature and will prove to be a worthwhile upgrade. The switch-over at any RPM appears to be pretty smooth, but it will need to be observed on a running engine.

I will have to see it working on a running engine- Since the whole Ignition configuration switches, including the user defined output, it offers some interesting possibilities. For example, in my Turbocharged MK1 MR2 I use 3 outputs: 1 for an intercooler sprayer, the 2nd for an intercooler fan, and the 3rd for activating the solenoid valve for a dual runner intake. I was thinking a 2nd ignition config could be used for hot weather conditions, where I can be more aggressive on the intercooler cooling.

Thanks for your patience, and I'll follow-up mid week on my progress. It is getting very close to for all of you to test!

Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

4600cc

Brent, Whenever you think

Post by 4600cc »

Brent,

Whenever you think communication functions are 90% of what they should look like send me the communication part of firmware code. Ill be updating the simulator first, so it is actually easier to have something to work with early on, than to do everything from scratch later on.

brentp
Site Admin

3.1.0 beta1 released

Post by brentp »

3.1.0 beta1 has been released!

What's in 3.1.0:

New controller firmware for V3.x hardware, V2.7.0 for V2.x hardware
New Configurator V3.1.0
Controller API documentation

All of this can be downloaded in the usual <a href="/mjlj/?q=node/4">place</a>

I'm eager to see feedback from you with the ability to run this on test benches and those that have the ability to test and monitor proper operation on live engines.

Please, report bugs in the forums as normal.

I will be following up with an updated wiring / connection diagram for the controller illustrating how to enable on-the-fly ignition configuration switching.

Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

4600cc

Good job! Ill be testing

Post by 4600cc »

Good job! Ill be testing that extensively. Ill also be emailing you with questions about the API. ;)