testing board

Megajolt Kit assembly Question and Answers. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_kit_assembly_guide">Kit assembly guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

toplessvw

testing board

Post by toplessvw »

ok this is where I am at
I downloaded Java runtime,
I down loaded JavaComm,
I down loaded 2.0.2 mjlt tuning software,
downloaded latest source and firmware image
moved mjlt 2.02 jar file to commapi folder and got it to open
it told me unable to open port: com1 unknown serial port
then I read this would fix it so I did it and still have the same message,
COPY win32com.dll TO ..\java\J2RE1.4.2_x\bin
COPY comm.jar TO ..\java\J2RE1.4.2_x\bin AND IN YOUR MegaJoltTuning software folder!!
COPY javax.comm.properties TO ..\java\J2RE1.4.2_x\bin
do I need to change the baud rate or anything on the com port because I am starting to go crazy here trying to get this to work on its own
Any help or sugestions would be greatly appriciated

vw16vt

I had to set a classpath in t

Post by vw16vt »

I had to set a classpath in the Win XP system configuration, that what it says to do when you read the install instruction of the java.

toplessvw

how did you do that

Post by toplessvw »

I tried to set classpath like in read me but unsure if this is how any help you can give me would be great, due to the fact I am not a computer master.
F:\>set CLASSPATH=F:\jdk1.1.6\lib\comm.jar
my operating systeme is windows 2000 if that helps

Luca Lagonigro

I have win 2k on two differen

Post by Luca Lagonigro »

I have win 2k on two different machines, I didnt had to do the CLASSPATH registration or wathever is called.

Areyou shure you're Java installation folder is on F:\ drive? Sound like a CD-ROM drive letter but you may have choose a different drive lettering for your PC.

If you want to check where your Java installation folder is, you can run Java Web Start(START > PROGRAMS > JAVA WEB START), once the program is running do FILE > PREFERENCE > JAVA ... in the COMMAND tab you should see the base path.

toplessvw

drive

Post by toplessvw »

my harddrive is particand and it is now drive F: and drive C: all my stuff is on F: and c: is used as a backup in case of virus, and I found the base path for me and it was programfiles/java/j2rel.4.2_04/bin so I copied win32com.dll to the bin folder then I copied javex.comm.properties to the bin folder, then I copied com.jar to the bin folder. but it still will not communicate do I have to copy the mjlt jar file tot he same bin directory. I am stuck and can not figure it out

vw16vt

are you running XP?

Post by vw16vt »

read the commAPI installation file and just follow instructions, that's what I did, as far I remember it's a pretty clear and quick to install. What com port are you using, is it com1? I remember having some com problem message once when the palm hotsync software was using my com port so the tuning software wasn't able to open the port.

Math

toplessvw

thanks everyone

Post by toplessvw »

well I finally got it talking or at least it shows up on runtime display I got map at 22 rpm at 2147483647 and advance at 0 does that seem right
hope so thanks for help