Suitable source of EDIS modules

General Megajolt Questions and Answers

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

radiogareth

Suitable source of EDIS modules

Post by radiogareth »

I have two V8's (an Oldsmobile with HEI and an English Daimler 4.5 Litre with dual points) that I wish to experiment with using MJLJ (and Megasquirt). My question, will ANY EDIS module for ANY Ford V8 work, or are there specific donors that I should look for?? I can get American auto parts over here in England, but I would probably need a specific model to ask the parts man for. Any suggestions welcome....

Thanks, Gareth

brentp
Site Admin

As far as I understand, as lo

Post by brentp »

As far as I understand, as long as the target engine is even fire, any standard EDIS-8 will work fine.

try looking for an edis module from a:
1991 Lincoln Town Car 4.6
1997 Crown Victoria
1993 Lincoln Mark VIII 4.6
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

mdh

American car parts

Post by mdh »

Hey Gareth - where were you thinking of getting the American parts from?

rflegal

EDIS

Post by rflegal »

I've been watching E-bay. Picked up an EDIS8 off a '92 Crown Vic for $25. Should be here soon. (also picked up a complete EDIS4 set up for the balance of the parts so now I have an EDIS4 module if anyone's interested). Will let you know how it works. With Fords, you just need to know how to trans the numbers. The first is the decade (C=60, D=70 ...). There is a fair expanation at the SHO Taurus site www.shotimes.com - under Specifications. As long as you get the 2nd bit - 12K072 - your OK I think. The letters after that indicate the revision. By the way, they all seem to translate to Motorcraft part number DY-755A. If you check any online part shop (www.Motorcraft.com)for the rig you are considering and the ignition module shows up as a DY-755A replacement, the unit on the car should work in theory. I will confirm pin outs on the '92 CV and let you know if this holds true. Good luck parts hunting. Cheers.

Bob - 557ci '71 MachI, Its big
Bob - 557ci '71 MachI, Its big