Base Map On Chip?

General Topics for configuring, operating and tuning the Megajolt. Also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_Operation_Guide">Operation Guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Daryl

Base Map On Chip?

Post by Daryl »

I am going to fire up tomorrow and was wondering if there is a base map programmed onto the chip already?
My laptop crapped out on me so I'm without the ability to do any mapping on my own till new computer arrives.
Plan on just firing it up and see if it stays at 10 deg. or if there is a map on chip already.
Also would like to see a map for a 4 cyl pushrod N/A motor. Haven't seen any maps other than Brent's screen shot and haven't had much luck looking around the internet.
Thanks
Daryl

Daryl

Base Map On Chip?

Post by Daryl »

OK! There is a base map on the chip. I have added myself to the success stories. '66 Datsun.

brentp
Site Admin

Nice to hear that it's runnin

Post by brentp »

Nice to hear that it's running!

Unfortunately, the base map that comes with the chip isn't realistic for running an engine. You should re-program it for your purposes before running your engine under high load high RPM.

Brent
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Daryl

Base Map On Chip?

Post by Daryl »

Thanks Brent,
I didn't think it would be good for my car, but wanted to fire it up and make sure it all worked. (It did, with no load.)
I have to wait for good weather, time off, and my laptop, before I can put it on the road so it will be a couple of weeks.